Thursday, July 16, 2009

Typical...

Hey Ladies (and gents)! I hope everyone is enjoying their Thursday.
Here's a pic of a baby lizard I found outside the house. Just remember he is on one book. His body is about as long as my middle finger. These things are everywhere. They seem to finally have learned not to come inside the house after the cat killed half of their population. I've never seen a little one before, so I had to take a few snaps. On to today's challenges... I loosely based my card on this kitchen sink sketch:
I love their stamp sets! Here's mine:
I couldn't get this picture or the colors right... Oh, well. This is for 365 day 138 and SPCC color challenge (kiwi, chocolate chip, baja breeze or aqua, and deep raspberry). I added some yellow, but it was obviously necessary for the cake! My quote is from the 50 cent song, "21 Questions." Typical suburban white girl rockin' my gansta' rap. LOL. I'm not too thrilled with this, but I still love the quote and might try this again sometime. If I were business minded, I think I would make some stamp sets with semi-irreverent sayings... for "wrong" sense of humors like mine.
Oh, and if you haven't checked Pandora out yet... DO IT NOW!
You can create your own radio station. It's awesome to be able to combine Counting Crows, 50 Cent, Anne Murray ... whatever your eclectic taste is. It's awesome! Trust me!
p.s. I found someone else's blog that said they hated blogger's spell check and I agree... It doesn't recognize lol, scrapping, gangsta'... come on, blogger get with the times!



15 comments:

Carolyn V said...

Ha! I like that quote, too. Hey, I'm a fat kid... and I love cake. :P Stamps with irreverent messages is a great idea! I usually just resort to computer generated stuff (I've got that wrong sense of humour, too)

~amy~ said...

absolutely too much fun!

thescrapmaster said...

OMG That is so funny!!
Hugs,
Samantha
SPCC Creator

Daniella said...

TOO Cool!!! You crack me up!! Good job!

Joan said...

Very clever!! Like it!

Patti J. said...

Too funny! I'm one of 'them' - I like cake too! Lol - great card - good job on the challenges!!

Anonymous said...

That card is too funny!! Great job on the challenges.

Mara Campbell said...

Hee hee!! I love that sentiment! Great card!!

suzARTe said...

love the card. Humorous cards are the best

Susan said...

I love your "wrong" sense of humor - card is great!

Gwen's Busy Little Hands said...

Heard that saying in an older song...loved it then...love it now!

Smiles!

Gwen

Mimi's Crafts & Critters said...

LOL! Great card..... love it! Karen

Stephanie said...

Love it!!!!:)

Anonymous said...

I love that saying from that song. I tell my husband that all the time. We get the biggest chuckle out of hearing him say that. Love the card too.

Brandi

Angela Knopf said...

Love the sentiment! Thanks for playing along with us.