Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Sweet like candy to my soul...

First things first, here are the latest candy listings I've found:
and
One of these times I'm bound to win... right??
Here's a sketch from Studio Calico: Here are some close ups of the small pics... sorry they're blurry.
Mom and I on the steps in Germany around 1985.

Mom, Lance and I on the street in Augsburg around 1985.


I finally got back to scrapping. I opened up my Label Tulip kit from June and couldn't help myself. The journaling reads "My mother 1972 to circa 1985. I was always told I looked like my Dad, but the older I get I see a lot of my Mom. I love having her senior picture! The pictures of us in Germany bring back my best memories!" "Ever the fashion plates! From Mom's flannel shirt to my overalls (Osh Kosh no doubt) to Lance's 'fest' hat and my red coat. Love it all!" Title reads "A Mother holds her child's hand for a while and forever holds their heart."
Almost everything here is Cosmo Cricket.


This one is a scraplift, so here is Danielle's original:
Here's mine:
Pretty darn similar... Again, I think it's all Cosmo Cricket... maybe a little Jenny Bowlin here and there. The only things I really changed from the original was adding journaling around the edges and I punched out the die-cuts and no ribbon. Oh, and the croc paper in the background (not attached just a bg for the photo) is Anna Griffin and it is as awesome as you might imagine! The title here is "This makes my heart sing." and all the journaling reads"This was taken at our Rehearsal dinner. One of my favorite pictures of Mom-mom! It captures her spirit so well!" And around the circle, "Always on the move, never sitting still. Full of Life. She never misses a beat and would really be upset if she did miss something. Stylin' in her pink 'suit'. Fun and witty. Always ready to eat. Staying up with the times. Loving Grandmother."
Also, check out this link for some great freebies:




p.s. I just found out that Label Tulip's July kit features bamboo letters. I have been coveting these for a while! I'm super excited to get them in the mail so I can drool over them and never use them in a project (b/c I don't want to waste them... lol).


1 comment:

JennO said...

Very cool take on the sketch! I love how you used to suit the photos you have. Well done!!