Friday, July 10, 2009

Puppy for your thoughts...

Today is Toby's 1/2 birthday. He is 6 months old now (or yesterday, by this time). He wants to give you all a high five to celebrate and he gave me the present of cleaning off that bed one more time. WOO HOO! Now, here's an interesting little tid bit from my life... I have a facebook account and I have friends from different times of my life... blah, blah, blah. About months ago, my Mom joined facebook. I don't exactly love her being on there and have definitely found myself censoring what I say more and more (no family members have found this blog... yet). Now this morning I wake up, check my e-mail and find that my MIL has requested me as a friend. UGH! This means much more censorship, so I was already not relishing this new friendship. Then, I go on her page and she has acquired 3 friends and her very first friend is my hubby's ex-girlfriend. Now, I know this shouldn't bother me. We've been together for almost 9 years now... married for 2, but it was just something I really didn't need or want to think about today. Also, now I know this woman's name and see her picture (I knew her first name before ... but now I know the full name and am going to find it hard not to google her... I really have no self control.). If any of you have gotten to the end of this never-ending paragraph... I would like to know, would you be upset? I'm trying to let it roll off my back ... it's working really well as you can see!
Now... here are the cards:
Inspiration:
My interpretation:

This is day 132... the days are really flying by. I used my new wood grain stamp (All Night Media) and I must say that I'm in love! I think my interpretation is pretty obvious... wood for wood, candle for candles, stars for stars.... and I picked up some of the colors.


This sketch is from 2 sketches 4 you.

And here's our inspiration:



Here's my take:


Day 131 ~ the circle is a direct take from the rug in the picture. I used my polka dot stamp from Savvy stamps. The letters are chipboard thickers. The stripes are more from the American Crafts X-mas collection. Also, i went over the jewels (darice?) with my white chalk marker to make them look more like bubbles and less like jewels and I pop dotted (is this a new verb) the fish. Also pop dotted the candle on the previous card and the stars... one of these days, I may even remember to take an angle shot, so you can actually see the levels.
Also submitting this for High Hopes polka dot challenge.
I must say this has been one of the more interesting weeks over at 365! I'm enjoying the diverse challenges!






9 comments:

Susan said...

2 wonderful takes on the challenges, Ella! I love that wood grain stamp and the big candle...and the 1 fish, 2 fish, great color and patterns...nicely done

Anonymous said...

WOW - GREAT interpretations for BOTH days. I love the way you have interpreted the cake image! FAB.

Yeah - I guess it would bother me if my MIL had my DH's ex as a friend. I don't have Facebook, and NEVER will . . . too much aggravation by half! The stories you hear . . . .

~amy~ said...

Ella, LOVE both of your cards...great job with the woodgrain...and the pop of blue for the candle...and the 2s4y bonus sketch/Ad Inspiration? Magnficient!!! Love it...thanks for playing with me...

PCM said...

Oh wow - Ella - these cards are great. I didn't notice the wood in the birthday one, until I looked at your card. Great job. And your ad inspired card is just terrific. Love all the polka dots!! TFS

cnelson said...

Your cards are just amazing!! fabulous take on the interpretation!! Happy 1/2 birthday to your fur baby!!

Priscilla said...

Hi Ella, first let me say what a cute dog, your blog is wonderful and I like your wonderful creations here. I also wanted to thank you for your comments on my blog for the blog candy. All you would have to do to be entered is have a direct link from your blog to My blog candy. OH and be a FOLLOWER :) Thanks and good luck

Priscilla said...

what a cute picture..thanks for following :) I hope you like what is coming up next week..we have some really exciting news posting soon too :) stay tuned.

Kim Sonksen said...

Wonderful take on our sketch. Love your card and I can see why you love that stamp. I think I need to go shopping now!

Thank you for joining us this week

Helen said...

Love your cards!!! You have a cute style.
About the Facebook thing - I went on, then ended up deleted my account... It seems like you have to so careful, and end up not really being yourself, so what's the point? I keep in touch with friends through blogging now.
Helen x