Monday, July 6, 2009

Monday double feature

It's a card recipe today at 365! I reread the entry about 20 times, so I'm pretty sure I got it right. The recipe is:
1 5x5 card
1 Rub-on image
1 Piece of patterned paper
1 piece of ribbon - NO BOW
1 Sentiment inside the card
check, check, check, check, and check! Also, I was honored today with top trio! I was so excited I called my husband right away! LOL... He was underwhelmed, at best. So, thanks 365 for making my Monday!
Here's the inside: I could not get it to scan or photograph well... Just imagine that it's the same colors as the outside of the card!
Background paper - We R Memory keepers Boho Chic collection
Patterned Paper - Crate Paper Lillian Collection "Enchanted"
Buttons - My Creative Scrapbook May kit... maybe Pink Paislee?
Butterfly Rub-on - Tinkering Ink (love these!)
"Just for you" Rub-on - K & Company
Ribbon - random Costco purchase (I think??)

Now here is the sketch for Super Sketchy Sunday over at 365.

I flipped it, changed it rearranged it and also submitted to the Use it challenge of the week


Use it rules were:
1- Use your newest papers.(Bought that Lillian paper last week!)
2- There has to be a name on the card (Miss Abby Layne will be born in a couple months)
3- Use at least one button. (3)
4- Use your sewing machine, if you have,or try to stitch, a tiny piece, by hand. ( I am getting around to learning how to use my sewing machine, so you got some black hand stitching and some drawn on stitching...)
Patterned papers - Crate Paper Both sides of "Enchanting"
glitter - A big old mess from K & Company (never again with the glitter!)
buttons - same as the last card...
Sweet baby rub-on - K & Company
flower - Crate Paper (came with May Creative Scrapbook kit)
That's all for me today... I have loads of glitter to clean up before my husband gets home and has a cow. Actually, I'm about to have a cow myself because it is EVERYWHERE!
Thanks again to 365 for the honour!



4 comments:

Joke said...

Beautiful cards, Ella. Especially the card made with my Use it! challenge is darling. I like the two-colour stitching. Great job. Thanks for particpating.

Unknown said...

gorgeous work Ella!! thank you for playing along with this week's Use It! challenge!!
♥rae

~amy~ said...

Ella...fabbie job on both cards!!!! I had to chuckle about your "underwhelmed" comment about your hubby...dudes...they just don't get it...that's why we blog, right? LOL

Gloria Stengel said...

Nice job on your cards. My dh is often under whelmed about my stuff too. I told him, "honey, just say FANTASTIC! every time I shove a card or sb page under your nose!" hee hee