Thursday, July 23, 2009

It's a long one...

I'm back... with a vengeance! I've been extremely sick, the dog got neutered, we went out of town and we're having a house guest this weekend... So, crafting has taken a backseat, until today!
inspiration:
My take:
My husband looked at me like I was nuts when he saw this one... whatever. It's bizarre and I don't really care. I do feel like I whipped through some of these just to catch up!

Paper and parrot are from DCWV Animal Crackers
Cosmo Cricket letters
Inkadinkado butterfly stamp and crayola colored pencils


the sketch:
the inspiration:

the card:

This one is for a lot of challenges... Again, I am obsessed with catching up!
Here we go:
365 cards ~ 144 layers (pop dotted circle, I didn't glue down the leaves, brads and distressing on the strips)
Mojo Monday ~ sketch above
Lili of the valley ~ use animals (owl)
Rubbernecker stamps ~ circles (main circle and brads)
Paper Bloom ~ animals
Heart Hugs ~ etsy inspired, see the pin cushion above (I found this one afterward, but thought the paper went perfectly!)
Supplies:
owl and flower paper ~ DCWV Green stack (my new fave... love the wonky eyes on the owl!)
brads ~ we r memory keepers
random cardstock
ooh... and I used my new Tim Holtz edge distresser. A lovely time saver!




#143
365's challenge was to create a sympathy card without a sentiment on the outside.
Stampin' B's just wants to use a butterfly (easy enough)
The paper is DCWV luxury stack and I used my new Heidi Swapp butterfly masks.



Twilight...
365 was to be inspired by Twilight (movie or books) and you had to use a black card base, red patterned paper and bling or sparkles.
I am an avid reader, but have managed to stay away from Twilight. Not really my cup of tea... different strokes for different folks, I guess.
So, I had to do some research and found this quote online. It's from one of the books, I think.
Paper is Autumn Leaves "Pretty Poppies" collection. This has been in the clearance section at Michael's for the last few weeks. Oh, and all the brads are We R Memory Keepers. My husband made a comment that I'm never going to use up all my brads (I have a ridiculous amount), so I've set out to prove him wrong!





365 sketchy Sunday




My take:



I got a bridal shower invite in the mail today and I promptly dismantled it! lol. So, the drinks are from the invite (should be a good shower). The background paper is from the DCWV animal crackers stack and the rub on is Anna Griffin.
I thought this would be a great Christmas card for some of my Fl. friends.

Truly Scrumptious sketch

My take:

Sorry the pic is blurry. It's for a couple challenges, again:
365 ~ use paint ( the background is completely painted and inked and I dry brushed over cuttlebug embossed paper)
Pile It On ~ use orange on the majority of your card.
Ooh, did I tell you guys I finally got a Cuttlebug?? I also got a bunch of fiskars plates and have been going nuts!! I LOVE BIRTHDAYS! and it's not even here yet!


Last one...

This one is just paper piercing for 365. You can't tell, but it is pierced around the bird. I used my Heidi Swapp masks again and a Cuttlebug folder. This was a throw together, but I kind of like it.
If any of you are still reading, thanks! Have a great night. I vow never to get this behind again. It stresses me out!


Oh, and here's a video of the dog with his collar on after his surgery. Awesome!



21 comments:

Carolyn V said...

LOL Ella. Don't those cones make dogs crazy! Great cards - you musta been up to your elbows in glue today! That's my favourite state of being...

I'm glad you're feeling better!

Leah said...

Wow! Great job on catching up:) Love all your creations and thanks so much for joining us at Paper Blooms!

~amy~ said...

sista, you ARE on fire...I love all your cards!!! Wow!!!! GREAT & FUN stuff :) Thanks for playing along with my inspiration challenge...I love your take on it!

Hope that you're feeling better..

Broni said...

Lots of cool cards! But I'm not sure which one is for the Wacky Wednesday challenge at Rubbernecker??

Annie said...

wow you have been busy. They are all really fun cards - love your brave outlook on colours - wish I could use those hot colours as effectively.

Ann xxx
http://thepinkelephantchallenge.blogspot.com/

Rose said...

wowzers girl your going to catch on fire as fast as your making these!! great catch up and glad your feeling better and back to making cards :) thanks for joing us at paperblooms this week

Sharon said...

Blimey, you have been busy. What a wonderful selection of cards. Thanks for joining in our TS challenge.

Gloria Stengel said...

Wow girlie! When you play catch up you play hard! These cards are super fan-tab-u-lous! Now, get back to work...hee hee hee.

Ashley Newell said...

What great cards! Thanks for playing the EtsyInspired challenge this week!

Kittie said...

Wow! YOur cards are all lovely! I especially love the circle with the darling owl. You really got lots of challenges in on that one.

raindropecho said...

Great job on ALL these cards! They're all very beautiful and unique :D Thanks for joining us this week!
- Ann @ Pile It On!

Alecia Wolfford said...

Some fabulous work here. Great take on the PIO challenge this week!!

by. Amy Schultz said...

your cards are awesome! Love your beautiful orange butterfly -- great work with all the challenges!

Amy -- Pile It On DT

craftypagan said...

Your cards are fab! Love the butterfly! Thanks for playing at Pile it On this week- and hope to see you again next time too! Hugs, Rowena-Pile it On dt

Maureen said...

Wow you sure have been busy! All fab cards!! Thanks for playing with us at Pile It On!

Sheri Gilson said...

Great cards!! Thanks for playing along with us at TPE!!

Anonymous said...

welcome Ella!
and you came w/ a vengeance this week... your week sounds bad so I am glad you had some time to unwind!

Thanks for Playing with us at Pile It On!

-- dalis

Dawn said...

Great card and colours!

thanks for joining us on TS

Dawn

Carol said...

Hi Ella, a fabulous selection of cards...my you have been busy!
Glad you entered one for our challenge at TPE...hope to see you again :)

Hugs
Carol x

Beth said...

These are all fab! I espcially like the fabric card! I hope your dog recovers well! Thanks for joining in with the Truly Scrumptious challenge!

Beth xx

Deanna said...

Wow these are all fantastic! Love your Pile It On card!

Thanks for playing!

Dee fr Pile It On DT