Friday, July 31, 2009

Argh...

Once again, I am sick! My birthday was Wednesday and instead of being out doing something fun... I was in the house drowning in Kleenex and... well, you can guess the other things I was drowning in. And now... now, I still have a cold (it's getting better), but my husband has caught the cold (so no taking care of me) and I got my period the night of my birthday. I know that's too much info, but seriously, I must be being punished for something!! LOL. I do have to say I am amazingly lucky in life all year round, so I guess I can deal with a bad week... couldn't it have been next week, though?
So, I'm hopping back on the card train. Want to make sure this reader is appreciated ;-)
Here's my sponging card: The arrow is a little 'off', but I like it anyway. The tag is from Cosmo Cricket. I used the raindrops fiskars texture plate. Broken china distress ink and then some random browns for the card. Anyway, tons of sponging, so challenge complete!
Now for last Saturday's challenge, I chose to scraplift Gloria:
I love everything about this card and I thought Cosmo Cricket week was awesome! Here's my take... it pails in comparison, but it's not bad.


I think the flower didn't quite do what I wanted it to, but that's ok. Also, you can't really see my embossing on the white. It's another fiskars texture plate. I love working with them!


3 comments:

Barb said...

Great cards! Love all of the sponging on the first and the colors are wonderful together!

~amy~ said...

Great job on your cards...hope that you are feeling better!

Gloria Stengel said...

That stinks to be sick on your bday! I hope you are better by now! I've been away for a few days so am late checking your creations. Great job on both cards. I loved your lift. Super job!