Saturday, July 4, 2009

Happy 4th!

Today is the 4th of July and most people in the states are gearing up for food and fireworks... I, however; am making cards! LOL! There will be plenty of food and fireworks later, especially the later. The neighbors already started last night and I just saw them with what looked like the entire states stash of fireworks... looks like we're in for a noisy night!
So without further ado, here is my card:The rules were simple... just use red, white and blue! I don't have a lot of these colors, so everything is inked! The background paper is actually a pale pink that I went over with my Marcella K red ink pad. The blue circle is from a chipboard chunk from Michaels. Someone gave me this chunk and I really don't like most of the designs and haven't been using it... Then, I discovered inking and that I could use the back of some of these shapes and letters! So, I've started turning them over and making them whatever color I want! Then the ribbon is plain Christmas white ribbon (one of those dollar store things that comes with red, green, gold and white all on the same spindle) that I just inked every half inch or so with blue ink. The stamp came from the Fiskars "Plumage" set.
Have a great day and be safe!

8 comments:

Jane (Carroll's Creations) said...

wonderful

thanks for joining us this week on ABC :)

Hugs Jane x

Helen said...

Fab card!
Thanks for joining us at the ABC Challenge this week!
Helen x

Jeannie said...

Great card - have a fun evening!

Peace and Luv,
Jeannie

Jen said...

Wow you've done a great job with all this inking.
Thanks for joining the ABC challenge this week.
Hugs
Jen x

Cathy said...

Great card and a fab interpretation of the the theme.
Thank you for joining in the ABC challenge and good luck with the Dt call.
Cathy xx

InkyAndScrappy said...

Thanks for joining us at CCC this week. Lovely card.

Libby Hickson said...

Such a gorgeous card!

Sue from Oregon said...

Libby was right...great blog header! Thanks for joining us for this challenge at 3CTC...hope you can join us for the sketch challenge this week!