Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Another day... another challenge

I'm sitting here staring at this screen and completely blanking out on what I wanted to say. I have been ridiculously tired for about 2 weeks now and it's really affecting the creative energy. Anyway, here's my stuff for today:
Day 136 at 365 cards What's Black and white and red all over. I did this card a couple of times and I'm still not really sure about it... I guess it turned out OK, but really not my favorite. Everything used is from the Autumn Leaves "Pretty Poppy" Collection.
Then this one is day 135 at 365
You have to create a window using plastic. Again, I completed the challenge, but I feel like I phoned it in. I really liked the idea behind this one, but the end result just looks sloppy. I wanted to make the background paper (which I did), but I wanted it to look like it was raining sprinkles and ice cream cones. I guess it does, but again, it just doesn't look like what I pictured. I do want to give a shout to Purple Onion Designs. I ordered some stuff from there and they throw in some extra little stamps, one of which was this little ice cream cone. I think it's adorable! You just have to ignore my crappy coloring!



This one is for a few challenges... details below:
Challenges:
Use it! ~ add some texture (ribbon, inking, paper piecing)
at least 2 punches (flourish and photo corner both EK Success)
Paper from your favorite manufacturer (DCWV and Me and my big Ideas
Bonus * pearls (don't have any, so no bonus for me).
365 cards ~ Day #6 make it sparkly (I used glitter pens on the outfits and the punches and the actual card base has some glitter on it, trust me)
Kelly Jo's Stamp pad ~ yellow, black and white (I was late on this one, but what the heck)
Paperplay ~ fashion (I think my Hero Arts ladies are very fashionable)

Last, but not least...
Challenges:
365 cards ~ day #4 ad inspired
Cinema Saturday ~ Inspired by National Treasure (1 or 2)... tell us what you treasure.
So, I used the colors from the ad inspired challenge. Then I was thinking about what I treasure and I was looking straight at the flowers on my desk. I thought that I do treasure when my husband surprises me with flowers and getting to look at them all week while I'm working. I also treasure his smiles and him making me smile. Also, since my b-day is getting closer... I treasure rubies and red for my July/Leo b-day! I hope that's not too much of a stretch! lol.





8 comments:

~amy~ said...

Great cards...lovin' all the poppies...that's some fabbie paper!!!

Patti J. said...

Hey girl - cut yourself some slack! We all have times that we are sick or tired (or sick & tired!), and our mojo gets up and go-go's! Don't beat yourself up - your cards are absolutely adorable! I love your coloring on your cute little freebie cone, your poppies are bright and cheery and refreshing, and your window is cool! I am a couple days behind on 365 cards now, so you are ahead of me!!! lol Take a nice long relaxing bubble bath, treat yourself to a chocolate treat, and get some rest! We are pulling for you!

Sandie said...

Wow, great cards!! They are all wonderful, you've certainly been productive :)

Thanks for joining us on PaperPlay this week.

TesaB said...

Oh wow! Great cards!!! The fĂ­rst one is so beautiful, striking papers! And those icecreams are too cute!!!

Juls said...

Love all the red poppys they are fab!

Julie M said...

Lovely cards, Ella. That red poppy paper is so vibrant and cheerful, and I have to agree with you that the Hero Arts Japanese ladies are VERY fashionable, 'cos I used them on my DT entry too!!!

Thanks for joining us on PaperPlay!

Julie

Crystal said...

WOW What great cards!!! Love those poppies!!! Those Hero Arts girls are soooo darling, lovely designs on both!!

Gloria Stengel said...

Great job getting so many cards finished! I love the red poppies!