Sunday, July 12, 2009

'Cause that's my fun day...

Pretty chill day here... nothing out of the ordinary to report. We did go out to dinner last night. If anyone is in the Va. Beach area, I suggest you check out the Wicked Sisters Cafe. Good food and good atmosphere in the Va. Beach Courthouse area. I recommend the fried shrimp. It's usually a safe choice, but this was actually amazing... best I've ever had!
Now, here is the inspiration over at Libby's Little Addiction: This is Mattea. I have to say thanks to Libby for the mention on her blog! In case you were wondering, my header is a photo my husband took on one of our trips to San Fran's Conservatory of Flowers in Golden Gate Park. This is a must see if you're ever in SanFrancisco!
Here is the sketch from Sweetie's sketches:

My take:
Challenges:
Simon Says ~ Paper piecing (butterfly is 2 different papers)
Sweetie's Sketches ~ Sketch (obviously)
High Hopes Stamps ~ Use Daisies (Prima flower and the flowers on the paper remind me of different kinds of daisies)
365 Cards ~ #3 trio is butterfly, flower and ribbon (check)
#59 "I Miss You" (check)
Libby's Little Addiction ~ Use Miss Mattea and her dress as inspiration ( I used the colors and took some cues from the simple floral pattern)
Supplies:
Prima flower
Crate Paper "Lillian" Collection
rick rack from May My Creative Scrapbook kit

Hope your weekend was wonderful!

5 comments:

Chris (catt871) said...

This is beautiful!! thank you for participating in the Simon Says Challenge!! Good luck in the drawing!!!
Chris & the rest of the team at Simon Says Stamp

Mephisto said...

Hi,
thats a brilliant Card!

Thanks for joining us at SimonSaysChallenge this week.

Domi

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card :-) I love the butterflies and the papers you used are fab ! :-)

Thanks for joining the Simon Says Stamp Challenge :-)
Lorraine x

don't forget the hidden blog candy ! :-)

Anonymous said...

Wow Ella how gorgeous! Thanks for taking on Sweetie's July Sketches.

Good Luck - Team Sweetie xx

Anonymous said...

Super cute card!! I'm glad you found inspiration in the dress :)