Wednesday, June 24, 2009

More Catch up... on hold with the cable company!

It's amazing what you can get done when waiting for the cable company! I was on hold, so I put my phone on speaker and worked with some scraps...
#89This challenge was to use a watermelon. I pulled up an image on google and then just drew some slices free hand. I used some scraps that were already on the table, inked them up and put it together. The stamp was another AC Moore or Michaels dollar bin find. This card doesn't open, so I thought it would be great for an invite... or anything really. Right now it's making me happy, so I'm leaving it on a stand on my desk.

#88 I wanted to make this one super simple. It is for my husband and he is not a fan of all the bling and embellishments. Let's be honest, he's just not a fan of paper crafting. I know, I know, how is this possible? Anyway, so I made something that may not look so great to all of you, but I know he will appreciate. I just wrote out the lyrics to Tim McGraw's "My Best Friend" and then wrote out the greeting. This was the song we danced to at our wedding and we still dance to at home.


#87

This challenge was to use the word "eye" in our sentiment. I've always loved this quote, so I knew exactly what I wanted to do. i have a friend that will be graduating college soon and I thought this would work as sort of a life philosophy for life after school...


#86
Ugh... another purple challenge! I'm not a big fan, although the richer, deeper purples are much better for me. I just grabbed one of my few purple papers (say that five times fast) and stuck a ribbon and a sentiment on there... super simple!


#85 sketch

This is the sketch... and here's my take:


Ok, ok, I know it's strange, but it's for a strange person. I was going for some kind of mystical forest... If you look at it upside down it could in some way come from the sketch. I started making a completely different card and while I was playing around this kind of happened. Does that happen to anyone else?? I stamped the background with red and black and wiped it with a baby wipe then paper towels to dry. I inked up the butterfly that I traced from one of my Silhouette cuttings and did a faux wood grain on the tree with my zig pen.
All of these were fairly simple seeing as i was constantly checking the phone and at points talking to different people so they could also put me on hold...
Happy Crafting!
See you next time!






No comments: