Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Another Wedding Card...

Here is today's card. The challenge was to make a wedding card with no sentiment. I got this idea from a wedding card I received a couple years back. I always remembered it b/c it was the only card I received that wasn't pastel blue or pink. I hope you can see the bling on the ring finger. Also, in real life, he hand is pop dotted so it stands out even more. This is catch up for card #90. The challenge was to use 2 colors and only 2 colors. I chose blue and red (one of my favorite combos when the blue is going towards aqua). I like this one, but I really need to work on my stamping...
Also, I wanted to post a link to Button Junkie and her blog candy.
http://buttonjunkie.blogspot.com/2009/06/day-116-blog-candy.html#comments
This is not the sort of thing that I ever win, but her card is fabulous and it deserves a link anyway. Plus it's making me salivate and yearn to get an embossing machine... maybe for my birthday (hint, hint).

Have a good one, ladies!



10 comments:

Sherry Eckblad said...

Ella, great card for today's challenge. I never win blog candy either, but who knows maybe one day we both will.

myself said...

I love your card. Snappy and different.

~amy~ said...

Your wedding card is fabulously creative...also love the red/blue card...love that color combo these days!!!

Anonymous said...

great "wedding" card, I love the colours, it is so hip and now, great job. Your "make up card" is great I love the embossing on the side. Good luck on the blog candy.

Dee said...

love the card. its really different.

Vicky said...

This is such an incredibly cool card! this would definitely stand out amongst all the white, pastel-ly cards (and would definitely be my favorite!).

Jenny S. (UK) said...

Such a clever card!

Kristie Larsen said...

this card rocks. I love it!

Rae said...

I love your wedding card. It does truly stand out!

Fi said...

Cool card, love the colours and your elegant hand.
Hugs
Fi