Sunday, August 23, 2009

Me, I'm doing well...

I've been in a bit of a crap mood the last couple days. It doesn't help that the hubs is out of town. Well, it does and it doesn't. I just got a bunch of new crafty stuff and now am on a spending freeze b/c it got a little crazy there for a while. So, here I am trying to look on the bright side...
Super Sketch Sunday over at 365 Cards: Sorry for the fuzzy photo, but here's my take:
I wanted to do a tiny card b/c I thought that would be faster. Not really! The card base came from a Mackenzie Mae kit, the patterned paper is Sassafras as are the stickers (pop dotted), and the ribbon is Cosmo Cricket. I did some faux stitching to give the illusion of a pocket and that stamp is Inkadinkado.

365 Day #175 Stampin' Saturday
I'll let Pam explain this one, "The challenge for today is all about layering stamps. Now, I'm not talking about masking, but actually overlapping stamps to create a really neat effect. Probably the best way to do this is to create a background, but it's not necessary." This was my first time doing this and I really enjoyed it. Other than it being messy... I hate creating a mess. It helped that I just got all my Ebay purchases yesterday! Including 7 sets of Tim Holtz stamps for only $25! Anyway, I used the script stamp and stamped lightly in Colorbox "Stucco," then stamped the frame and the bird in black and heat embossed the Love stamp. I also added the flower stamp as an after thought also in the Stucco... wish I didn't. Then I just used the blending tool around the edges so the middle would appear brighter. Oh, and the paper is Sassafras.

Day #174 ~ Just Peachy
Peach had to be the predominant color on the card. I think I achieved that, although I do think one girl's peach is another girl's coral, but whatever. I used the same flower stamp as above (no clue what company) and stamped it with the same "Stucco" ink on the peach scrap I had. Then I layered some vellum over it that is printed with leaves. Then I put the Cosmo "Jack's World" rub-on over that, added some brads in the corners and voila!


Day #166 ~ Recipe
I had to wait to do this one b/c I didn't have any embossing powder.
The recipe:
4x7 card
5 blossoms
glitter
wet embossed statement
3 different patterned papers
OK, so this turned out alright... not great, but it'll do. The patterned papers are all Sassafras. The Thank you stamp is "Jack's World" from Cosmo Cricket. I just got the Martha Stewart doily edge punch, so I HAD to use it. The flowers are prima and I used glitter pens on them. I despise loose glitter. This was my first time doing any embossing with my heat gun. I had a lot of fun with it... The only thing I don't like is the way it warps the paper. Am I holding the gun too close??
OK, that's all for now. Have a lovely Sunday!

6 comments:

Patti J. said...

Ella, these are fantastic! I especially love the one for today's sketch and the one with the layered stamping! Great job, my friend! Sorry you have been in an unhappy mood lately...anything your friends can do to help??? Can't believe you found all of those TH stamps for $25!!! Wowzers girl - you are an incredible shopper! Great job on everything I see here...Hugs!

Gloria Stengel said...

Nice job catching up on cards. I love the stamps! TH for $25?! I missed that deal. Drat! Hugs and hope you feel better soon. Stinks when you get the "galloping grumps."

~amy~ said...

well, you cranked out a bunch of fabbie cards for being in a "mood"....AND you got a bunch of crafty stuff?!! FUN, FUN, FUN.....

Great cards...love them all!!!

TesaB said...

Wow! You've been busy creating gorgeous cards! Great take on the challenges. LOVE the pocket and wow, what a Timster find! Congrats!!!

Vicky said...

your cards are awesome!! great job!!

Chrissie said...

Great cards!
I particularly like the first two!