Saturday, August 1, 2009

Butterflies and Moonbeams and Fairytales...


OK... details now that I am semi-awake.

Super Sketchy Sunday at 365:


My spin:



I really liked this sketch and this card. I know it looks odd, but it was perfect for a joke birthday card. Inside it says, "Mom hates birthdays." It's a joke about an old coworker that needed to cut the cord and anything we ever talked about she would tell us her Mom's opinion, which was usually, "Mom hates..."

Supplies:
Sassafras background paper
Cosmo Cricket sticker and diecut
Jenni Bowlin buttons
Mackenzie Mae base card


365 Day #66 and some Paperplay
The challenge for 365 was to use the sentiment, "I am here. you are there." I took some liberty. I feel better doing that when the challenge has long since passed. Paperplay was to add dimension. The diecuts, thickers and I popdotted the black arrow... dimension! I haven't done the inside yet, but I'm thinking something like, "Let's meet in the middle." Thought it would make sense with the star in the middle of the card.

Supplies:
Mystery background paper
Map, star and black arrow October Afternoon
Cosmo Cricket blue arrow sticker
American Craft thickers (inked from green to black)
Red Zig Marker

My take:

This is for 365 #65. The challenge was to make a card for a woman in your life. I made this for my Grandmother. She is always sending me cards, so I wanted to send her one for no special reason. It didn't turn out quite as planned. Definitely needs some tweaking!
Supplies:
Mackenzie Mae 3x3 card base
brads with jewels Label Tulip
corduroy brad Pink Paislee
Pink Paislee rub-on


365 #64 Sketch


My take:

Pretty straight forward... I still think it needs something.

Supplies:

Mackenzie Mae Card Base

Sassafrass paper

rickrack from old My Creative Scrapbook kit

Die Cut GCD Studios Margarita pack (Clearance)

365 Day #63 Floral Fest

The challenge was to use 8 flowers which I more than accomplished. This card looks better in person. It's a little busy and I used all of these flowers, but I like it.

Supplies:

Sassafras paper

Mackenzie Mae base card

Making Memories layered button flowers

Cosmo Cricket heart sticker



365 #62

Use a number... any number. Well, my dating anniversary is coming up soon. It always sneaks up on me. My husband and I will have been together for 9 years. I wanted something sweet and simple and I think I achieved it. I just wish I was able to make a ring around the 9 that didn't look like I let the dog do it.
Supplies:
Mackenzie Mae card base
Sassafras paper
October Afternoon numbers die cut border
Pink Paislee letter stickers

Sorry, I don't know what happened to the formatting in the middle... bizarre! Anyway, shout out to Mackenzie Mae for an awesome card kit. Those base cards are such a time saver. I think I'm going to start making myself base cards ahead of time.

In other business... Papertrey ink blog candy is going until the 9th (I think).

Also, a shout to Label Tulip. I love their kits. This week has been like Christmas (it was my b-day). I got a lot of gift cards and the stuff is arriving... fun fun fun!

OK... that's it. Enjoy your Sunday!




11 comments:

~amy~ said...

Look at all of your FUN sassafras'alicious cards {and cosmo cricket too, right?} Excellent...hopefully mr linky will be back in a couple of hours...

Sandie said...

Wow!!! What great work!! Love your idea of the atlas with the star in the middle.

Thanks for joining us on PaperPlay this week :)

Janice said...

Love your card for the 365 Super Sketchy Sunday with the sassafras paper.

TesaB said...

Beautiful cards!!! Fun idea with the joke card - they are the best!!!

Fi said...

Fantastic set of cards, too hard to choose a fav - they are all so beautiful. Congrats on the catch up.
Hugs
Fi

Carolyn V said...

Whoa, but you've been up to your elbows in paper! The results are fabulous. Lovin' the joke card...

Jennifer Stricker said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jennifer Stricker said...

Ella

Beautiful work Thanks for playing this week at Pile It On!

(can you please re-link your card in Mr. Linky-the html is wrong. I just did a trial and error to figure it out.)

I want everyone to be able to see your wonderful cards.

Jennifer, PIO DT

Maureen said...

Wow you sure have been busy! What a lot of fabulous cards!! Thanks for playing with us at Pile It On!

Julie M said...

Wow - Ella - that's a month's work!!! Some fab cards there, I particularly like the one with all the flowers, "meet in the middle" is a great idea. And I just love the image on the "Mom hates" card - great fun!

Thanks for joining us on PaperPlay this week.

Julie

raindropecho said...

These are all so wonderful and unique! Fantastic job! Thanks for joining us this week :D
- Ann @ Pile It On!