Wednesday, April 15, 2009

TOBY, THE SCALDED PUP

Today, I almost killed my dog. Our puppy is 13 weeks old and has had a bad case of diarrhea for a few days. I was going to take him to the vet and then it started getting better, but then it definitely got worse. I would like to blame almost killing the dog on my husband. He read up on diarrhea cures on the Internet, and if we've learned anything from webmd, it's just to go ahead and go to the doctor already. Unfortunately, we hate doctors and vets for that matter, so we chose the home remedy. The home remedy was rice made in broth. First I will tell you that I was sooo proud of myself for making this rice for my puppy. While that sounds endlessly stupid, wait it gets better. When I was done making the rice (heating it up in the microwave), I was so excited that I just dumped it in Toby's food bowl, set it down (maybe for a minute), and opened his crate. What happened next is probably obvious to most of you, but was clearly not obvious to me. Food that has been put in a microwave for ten minutes is hot, like boiling hot and dogs will stick their snout in and then spray rice all over your walls and floor. It was at this point that I put Toby back in his crate and tortured him with having to sit there for 20 minutes while the rice cooled to an acceptable temperature.



I then called my husband and asked him never to procreate with me, because I should not be allowed to be in charge of an infant, let alone a dog. Also, I learned that my husband should never be trusted because the rice has so not worked and if you really think about it, this is ALL HIS FAULT!

No comments: